Rooms 230A, 230B, and 230C are hands-on electronic classrooms with instructors' stations connected to a ceiling-mounted projector. Rooms 230A and 230B are equipped with 21 independent PC work stations. Room 230C is a presentation room; the instructor's station is a Mac.
Choose a date in the calendar to view availability for a particular day. Room availability for the selected day will display on the right. Click on a block to book the room. The policies for classroom use will appear. After accepting the policies, a form will appear. Check that you are requesting the correct classroom, date, and time. Fill out the required information & submit the booking request.
Reservation requests should be submitted as early as possible. Requests for library instruction must be made at least two weeks in advance. Instructors must remain with their classes.
Requests submitted over weekends and holidays will be processed the next working day.
Rooms can only be reserved by LSU faculty and staff for instruction requiring hands-on computer training.
- All instructors must agree to the terms of room use.
- The electronic classrooms are used exclusively for instruction requiring hands-on computer training. This includes:
- the Libraries' credit course; the Libraries' orientation and subject related instructional and training sessions; academic courses requiring occasional use (up to three class meetings) of an instructional computer lab;
- training for LSU faculty, students, and staff requiring hands-on computer applications.
- All classes are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. All room reservations must end one hour before the library closes.
- Instructors are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the classroom equipment prior to the class. A brief training may be scheduled by contacting Andrea Hebert at 578-7195 or email@example.com. Detailed instructions are provided when the room key is picked up at the Circulation Desk.
- Priority for use of the rooms will be given to:
- LIS 1001 classes scheduled three weeks prior to the beginning of each semester; Library instructional and training sessions scheduled two weeks prior to the beginning of each semester; Courses in the College of Education requiring one-to-three time use of an instructional computer lab, requested at least three weeks prior to the beginning of each semester; Other academic courses requested by faculty, instructors and staff at least three weeks prior to the beginning of each semester;
- Other requests depending on availability will be assigned with priority given to library faculty/staff in the case of requests received simultaneously. All requests must be submitted two weeks in advance.
- Semester-long classes will not be scheduled in these classrooms.
- Undergraduates may not reserve the rooms for instructional purposes or serve as instructors in the classrooms, except when the activity for which a room is requested has a faculty sponsor present who accepts responsibility for adhering to the policies and procedures for use of the room.